CENTRE FOR BANKING STUDIES’ COMMITMENT AND ASSURANCE FOR PRIVACY
The Centre for Banking Studies (CBS), the training arm of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL) is committed to respecting and protecting your personal data.
This Personal Data Protection Policy sets out the basis on which we collect, use, disclose, store and/or process your personal data. It applies to personal data in our possession or under our control. Please read the statement to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we handle it. By continuing to visit and use this website or by continuing to participate in our programmes and/or utilise our services, you confirm that you understand and consent to the terms of this Policy.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- Various types of personal data will be collected by us. As used in this Policy, “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified:
- a) from that data; or
- b) from that data and other information to which we (and all our affiliates, partners, subsidiaries and all relevant third parties mentioned in this Policy) have or are likely to have access
Personal data includes, without limitation, an individual’s name; address; telephone numbers; email addresses; date of birth; gender; marital status; NIC/passport number, Driving license number; photographs and other audio-visual material; employment information; payment information; credit and debit card numbers; preferred communication methods; and any other types of information that you choose to provide to us or that we may collect about you through your interactions with us.
- We may collect personal data by way of the information that you provide to us on our website or by any other means.
COOKIES AND OTHER WEBSITE FUNCTIONALITIES
- We may automatically collect the following information about you in connection with your visit(s) to our website:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) visited; date and time of visit; services you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page-interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- We may assign your computer (or any other device) with cookies (which are small text files created on your computer or device). By accessing our website, you agree that we can place Cookies on your computer or device.
- A cookie help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
- You have the option of adjusting your browser settings to restrict or limit the use of various Cookies. However, if you choose to do so, the functionality of the website and your user experience may be affected.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL
- The personal information collected by CBS may include following.
- Date of birth
- Identification document Number (National Identity card or Passport)
- Current Employer
- Employer address/personal address
- Contact number (Mobile , Office)
- Email address
USE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- We currently use and/or may in the future use your personal data mainly to communicate with you.
Further, we may use your personal data to verify your identity where necessary, manage the user account that you may have set up with us, to provide our services to you, to communicate with you and to process and respond to your questions/ comments and/or feedback, processing applications, prepare examination reports, to process relevant payments and transactions in connection with your participation in our programmes and utilisation of our services, to inform you of and invite you to upcoming CBS events
- If you share your personal information, we have implemented technical, administrative, procedural and other measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, we are not in a position to take responsibility for any unauthorized use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
- This site is accessible only through SSL/TLS protocol and therefore all the information flows through an encrypted link between a server and you (client) protecting the transfer of data and information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND INTERACTIONS WITH THIRD PARTIES
- This notice does not cover links to other websites or any interactions you have with third parties. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of all other websites you visit and third parties with whom you interact.
CHANGES TO POLICY
- The policy will be updated time to time without prior notice when new versions are posted. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are familiar with any changes.
- If you wish to get more information about CBS’s privacy and information practices, please contact us by:
Director Centre for Banking Studies
Central Bank of Sri Lanka
No. 58, Sri Jayawardenapura Mawatha,
Rajagiriya, Sri Lanka
Email – email@example.com Tel: +94 11 2477840